Data Element Scope: This value set may use the Quality Data Model (QDM) category related to Procedure. The intent of this data element is to identify parenteral infusion procedures.
Inclusion Criteria: Includes only relevant concepts associated with ICD-10-PCS and SNOMED CT codes that identify parenteral infusion.
Exclusion Criteria: No exclusions.
Constrained to codes in the Procedure, Performed: Parenteral Nutrition value set
Two QDM Known Issues has been identified related to this datatype.
- To see the QDM Known Issue related to QDM Procedure, Performed completion time, please click here.
- To see the QDM Known Issue related to Differentiating Elective Vs Emergent or Urgent Procedures, please click here.
- relevant dateTime references the time the procedure is performed when the procedure occurs at a single point in time.
- relevantPeriod references a start and stop time for a procedure that occurs over a time interval. relevantPeriod addresses:
- startTime - The time the procedure begins.
- stopTime - The time the procedure ends.
- author dateTime references the time the action was recorded.
- Refer to the eCQM expression to determine allowable timings to meet measure criterion.
- Timing refers to a single instance of a procedure. If a measure seeks to evaluate multiple procedures over a period of time, the measure developer should use CQL logic to represent the query request.
- The incision dateTime is a single point in time available from the Operating Room and/or Anesthesia Record.
- negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatype-related actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod.
- For clarification, see Appendix 6.6 with 2020 guidance about differentiating between successful and unsuccessful procedures.
Relevant Period addresses the time between the start of an action to the end of an action. Each datatype using relevant period defines specific definitions for the start and stop time for the action listed.
Note: negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatyperelated actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod