Measure Collaboration (MC) Workspace
MC Workspace Components
The MC Workspace is comprised of four modules to assist clinicians, eCQM developers, implementers, and submitters during the entire eCQM Lifecycle, from initial measure concept, through development, implementation, and reporting to CMS. Goals of the MC Workspace are to
- Provide detailed data element definitions to support implementation
- Achieve harmonization across measures, data elements, and value sets
- Improve alignment of measure concepts with clinical need and newly published guidelines
- Demonstrate how new measures fill existing quality reporting gaps
- Increase involvement by clinical experts and electronic health record (EHR) vendors during measure development
- Offer transparency of test results during measure development
- Provide notification of updates to measures under development
eCQM Data Element Repository (DERep)
The eCQM Data Element Repository provides all the data elements associated with eCQMs in CMS quality reporting programs, as well as the definitions for each data element. This online searchable repository improves clarity of required data elements for those implementing eCQMs. Visit the eCQM Data Element Repository.
The eCQM Concepts module provides users the ability to comment on eCQM concepts under development, submit new measure concepts, align new measures with Meaningful Measures criteria, and identify whether similar measures exist. User feedback can help guide the measure developer to refine the concept and purpose of a new measure to better meet the needs of the quality measurement reporting community. Visit the eCQM Concepts module.
eCQM Clinical Workflow
The eCQM Clinical Workflow module provides users the ability to review measure flow and clinical context for CMS measures under development. This allows users interested in a measure to provide comments, clinical workflow concerns, and guidance to the measure developer early in the measure development lifecycle to help achieve feasible clinical workflows. Visit the eCQM Clinical Workflow module.
eCQM Test Results
The eCQM Test Results module offers transparency into feasibility, reliability, and validity testing; a testing scorecard; and additional characteristics of test sites, including types of health IT used, number of test sites included, and rating of each data element in the testing process for select measures shared by measure developers on the MC Workspace. Visit the eCQM Test Results module.
Featured Research Resources
Browse these featured external sites to identify whether a similar measure concept exists or to get more information about CMS measures:
- CMS Measures Inventory Tool (CMIT)
- Meaningful Measures Hub
- MC Workspace Video Tutorials
- Pre-rulemaking and Measures Under Consideration (MUC)
- eCQMs for Pre-rulemaking Eligible Hospital/Critical Access Hospital
- eCQMs for Pre-rulemaking Eligible Professional/Eligible Clinician
Use the MC Workspace to support the eCQM Lifecycle
This graphic highlights the key MC Workspace modules for use during various eCQM Lifecycle stages. Learn more about the eCQM Lifecycle.