Data Element Scope: This value set may use the Quality Data Model (QDM) category related to Encounter.
Inclusion Criteria: Includes only relevant concepts associated with visits for individual psychotherapy services.
Exclusion Criteria: Excludes group psychotherapy or family psychotherapy.
Constrained to codes in the Intervention, Performed: Psych Visit - Psychotherapy value set
Data elements that meet criteria using this datatype should document the completion of the intervention indicated by the QDM category and its corresponding value set.
- relevant dateTime references the time the intervention is performed when the intervention occurs at a single point in time.
- relevantPeriod references a start and stop time for an intervention that occurs over a time interval. relevantPeriod addresses:
- startTime - The time the intervention begins.
- stopTime - The time the intervention ends.
- author dateTime references the time the action was recorded.
- Refer to the eCQM expression to determine allowable timings to meet measure criterion.
- Timing refers to a single instance of an intervention. If a measure seeks to evaluate multiple interventions over a period of time, the measure developer should use CQL logic to represent the query request.
- negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatype-related actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod.
Relevant Period addresses the time between the start of an action to the end of an action. Each datatype using relevant period defines specific definitions for the start and stop time for the action listed.
Note: negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatyperelated actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod