Data Element Scope: This value set may use the Quality Data Model (QDM) datatype related to Encounter, Performed.
Inclusion Criteria: Includes only relevant concepts associated with ages 0-17, and indicating initial comprehensive preventive medical evaluation, including regular preventive care or care of small problem or preexisting condition that requires no extra work, for a patient that received prior outpatient professional services from the physician practice in the last 3 years. This is a grouping value set of CPT codes.
Exclusion Criteria: Excludes codes that are not for comprehensive preventive medical evaluations and codes that are for patients who have not been seen in the last 3 years.
Constrained to codes in the Encounter, Performed: Preventive Care, Established Office Visit, 0 to 17 value set
The "Encounter, Performed" participant references the primary participant.
Previous versions of QDM included an attribute principal diagnosis, defined as the condition that, after study, was determined to be the principal cause of the admission. QDM version 5.5 addresses that concept using the diagnosis rank=1.
A QDM Known Issue has been identified related to this datatype. To see this QDM known Issue, please click here.
- The relevantPeriod addresses:
- startTime - The time the encounter began (admission time).
- stopTime - The time the encounter ended (discharge time).
- author dateTime references the time the action was recorded.
- Refer to the eCQM expression to determine allowable timings to meet measure criteria.
- negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatype-related actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod.
- The locationPeriod is an attribute of the attribute facility location that addresses:
- startTime - the time the patient arrived at the location. The time the encounter began (admission time).
- stopTime - the time the patient departed from the location.
Relevant Period addresses the time between the start of an action to the end of an action. Each datatype using relevant period defines specific definitions for the start and stop time for the action listed.
Note: negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatyperelated actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod