The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) announce the release of Cypress v6.2 as of June 24, 2021. The new v6.2 release and release notes are available on the Cypress website.
Version 6.2 includes the fully integrated Cypress Validation Utility + Calculation Check (CVU+) for support of the 2015 Edition Certification for the ONC Certification Program for electronic clinical quality measures (eCQM). This version also supports testing the Eligible Hospital/Critical Access Hospital eCQMs and Eligible Professional/Eligible Clinician eCQMs updated for calendar year 2021 and 2022 reporting.
Cypress v6.2 Features
- Supports the 2015 Edition §170.315(c)(1), §170.315(c)(2), §170.315(c)(3), and §170.315(c)(4) certification criteria.
- Supports the 2015 Edition 21st Century Cures update to §170.315(c)(3).
- Enforces reporting requirements defined by the CMS Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Implementation Guides.
- Supports validation with Health Level Seven International (HL7) Clinical Document Architecture (CDA®) Release 2 Implementation Guide: QRDA I, Release 1, Standard for Trial Use (STU) Release 5.2 – US Realm.
- Supports validation with HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: QRDA III, Release 1, STU Release 2.1 – US Realm.
- Supports the eCQMs for eReporting for the 2021 Reporting Period.
- Supports eCQM value sets as of May 7, 2020.
- Supports the eCQMs for eReporting for the 2022 Reporting Period.
- Supports eCQM value sets as of May 6, 2021.
- Supports validation with the CMS Implementation Guides for QRDA Category I – Implementation Guide for 2021 and 2022.
- Supports validation with the CMS Implementation Guides for QRDA Category III - Implementation Guide for 2021 and preliminary support for 2022.
- Supports multi-measure tests, allowing vendors to test eCQM calculations with a single test deck across multiple measures.
- Supports code system preference, allowing vendors to choose preferences for the code systems used in test patients.
- Supports developer-generated test patients, allowing vendors to supplement Cypress test patients with their own test patients to increase eCQM logic/code coverage.
- Evaluates the rigor of a set of test patients.