Data Element Scope: This value set may use the Quality Data Model (QDM) category related to Device.
Inclusion Criteria: Includes only relevant concepts associated with patients that use durable medical equipment or devices for frailty. This is a grouping of HCPCS codes.
Exclusion Criteria: No exclusions.
Constrained to codes in the Device, Applied: Frailty Device value set
Data elements that meet criteria using this datatype should document that the device indicated by the QDM category and its corresponding value set is in use, or impacts or alters the treatment, care plan, or encounter (e.g., an antithrombotic device has been placed on the patient's legs to prevent thromboembolism or a cardiac pacemaker is in place).
- relevantPeriod addresses:
- startTime - when the device is inserted or first used.
- stopTime - when the device is removed or last used.
- relevantPeriod references a start and stop time for a device if the application occurred over a time interval.
- relevant dateTime addresses the time the device is applied if it was used at a single point in time.
- author dateTime references the time the action was recorded.
- Refer to the eCQM expression to determine allowable timings to meet measure criteria.
Note: negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatype-related actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod.
See Appendix 6.1 for updated guidance regarding how to use Device, Applied