Data Element Scope: This value set may use the Quality Data Model (QDM) category related to Encounter. The intent of this data element is to identify patients who have had an annual wellness visit.
Inclusion Criteria: Includes only relevant concepts associated with encounters specific to annual wellness visits.
Exclusion Criteria: No exclusions.
Constrained to codes in the Encounter, Performed: Annual Wellness Visit value set
The "Encounter, Performed" participant references the primary participant.
Previous versions of QDM included an attribute principal diagnosis, defined as the condition that, after study, was determined to be the principal cause of the admission. QDM version 5.5 addresses that concept using the diagnosis rank=1.
A QDM Known Issue has been identified related to this datatype. To see this QDM known Issue, please click here.
- The relevantPeriod addresses:
- startTime - The time the encounter began (admission time).
- stopTime - The time the encounter ended (discharge time).
- author dateTime references the time the action was recorded.
- Refer to the eCQM expression to determine allowable timings to meet measure criteria.
- negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatype-related actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod.
- The locationPeriod is an attribute of the attribute facility location that addresses:
- startTime - the time the patient arrived at the location. The time the encounter began (admission time).
- stopTime - the time the patient departed from the location.