Data Element Scope: This value set may use the Quality Data Model (QDM) category related to Diagnostic Study.
Inclusion Criteria: Includes only relevant concepts associated with macular exams, where laterality is specified or not.
Exclusion Criteria: No exclusions.
Constrained to codes in the Diagnostic Study, Performed: Macular Exam value set
Data elements that meet criteria using this datatype should document the completion of the diagnostic study indicated by the QDM category and its corresponding value set.
- relevant dateTime references the time the diagnostic study is performed if it occurs at a single point in time.
- relevantPeriod references a start and stop time for an assessment that occurs over a time interval:
- startTime - when the diagnostic study is initiated.
- stopTime - when the diagnostic study is completed.
- author dateTime references the time the action was recorded.
- Refer to the eCQM expression to determine allowable timings to meet measure criterion.
Examples using relevantPeriod:
- Initiation of a treadmill stress test to the time the treadmill stress test has completed
- Initiation of the ultrasound study until completion of the ultrasound study
Note: negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatype-related actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod.
The final consequences or data collected from the datatype. results can be used in four ways to express:
- That a result is present in the electronic record but any entry is acceptable
- A numerical result is reported directly as a value. Values may be integers or decimal numbers without units, or as a quantity with a value and units - examples:
- 100mg/dL for a lab test
- 140 mmHg for blood pressure
- as a percentage (actually as a quantity with % as units)
- as a titer or ratio (e.g., 1:4, 1:80)
- A result that matches one of a specific set of coded concepts in a value set or a code that matches a direct reference code
- A result as a dateTime ("Assessment, Performed" and components)