Data Element Scope: This value set may use Quality Data Model (QDM) category related to represents pharmacological contraindications for antithrombotic therapy.
Inclusion Criteria: This is a grouping value set of RXNORM codes.
Exclusion Criteria: n/a
Constrained to codes in the Medication, Administered: Pharmacological Contraindications For Antithrombotic Therapy value set
Data elements that meet criteria using this datatype should document that the medication indicated by the QDM category and its corresponding value set was actually administered to the patient.
- relevant dateTime references the time the medication is administered if it was given or taken at a single point in time.
- relevantPeriod references a start and stop time for medication administration if the administration event occurred over a time interval (e.g., an intravenous infusion). The relevantPeriod addresses:
- startTime - when a single medication administration event starts (e.g., the initiation of an intravenous infusion).
- stopTime - when a single medication administration event ends (e.g., the end time of the intravenous infusion).
- author dateTime references the time the action was recorded.
- Refer to the eCQM expression to determine allowable timings to meet measure criterion.
- Measure developers should address multiple administrations over a period of time using CQL logic.
- negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatype-related actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod.
Refer to Special Cases in Appendix A (Section 5.7) for scenarios to consider in calculating cumulative medication duration.
Relevant Period addresses the time between the start of an action to the end of an action. Each datatype using relevant period defines specific definitions for the start and stop time for the action listed.
Note: negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatyperelated actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod