In a recently launched CMS-supported project, the National Quality Forum (NQF) will convene a multistakeholder Committee to identify best practices to leverage electronic health record (EHR) sourced measures to improve care communication and coordination quality measurement in an all-payer, cross-setting, fully electronic manner. Within EHRs, technology tools and specific design features have been effectively deployed to help facilitate care coordination. This allows EHRs to serve as a way to improve care coordination and how it is measured. Effective, high-quality care communication and coordination is essential to improve health outcomes and supports healthcare cost reduction.
NQF is seeking nominees with expertise in:
- care communication and coordination from a variety of disciplines (e.g., clinicians, case managers, social workers and community-based organizations, specialty societies);
- measure development for and implementation of EHR sourced measures and/or electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs);
- navigating care for complex comorbidities;
- EHR data standards and vocabularies (e.g., EHR vendors);
- building networks that facilitate data exchange or ensure data quality;
- data standardization and quality policies developed and implemented by federal, state, and local government agencies; and
- clinical informatics.
NQF is also seeking the perspectives of stakeholders from across the healthcare delivery system (e.g., patients/consumers/caregivers, health plans, healthcare facilities, specialty societies, academia, purchasers, employers, patient advocacy groups). Self-nominations are welcome. Third-party nominations must indicate that the individual has been contacted and is willing to serve.
The Nominations period for the EHR Care Coordination project is now open through December 31, 2020. To submit nominations for the Committee, please visit the project webpage and submit a completed online nomination form and a disclosure of interest form.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the project team.