Data Element Scope: This value set may use the Quality Data Model (QDM) category or attribute related to Encounter.
Inclusion Criteria: Includes only relevant concepts associated with identifying types of encounters associated with documentation of medications reviewed, updated or transcribed as the current medication list.
Exclusion Criteria: No exclusions.
Constrained to codes in the Encounter, Performed: Encounter to Document Medications value set
The "Encounter, Performed" participant references the primary participant.
Previous versions of QDM included an attribute principal diagnosis, defined as the condition that, after study, was determined to be the principal cause of the admission. QDM version 5.5 addresses that concept using the diagnosis rank=1.
A QDM Known Issue has been identified related to this datatype. To see this QDM known Issue, please click here.
- The relevantPeriod addresses:
- startTime - The time the encounter began (admission time).
- stopTime - The time the encounter ended (discharge time).
- author dateTime references the time the action was recorded.
- Refer to the eCQM expression to determine allowable timings to meet measure criteria.
- negation rationale indicates a one-time documentation of a reason an activity is not performed. Negation of QDM datatype-related actions for a reason always use the author dateTime attribute to reference timing and must not use relevantPeriod.
- The locationPeriod is an attribute of the attribute facility location that addresses:
- startTime - the time the patient arrived at the location. The time the encounter began (admission time).
- stopTime - the time the patient departed from the location.