Session Description and Objectives
The Pioneers in Quality eCQM Proven Practices webinar series shares eCQM implementation and data use stories and tips from hospitals and health systems. The Proven Practice solutions were selected by the Pioneers in Quality Advisory Panel as 2019 Expert Contributors. The series assists accredited hospitals with eCQM and health IT barriers and challenges by learning from the experiences of their peers. This webinar series presents an opportunity to apply this knowledge to improve your organization’s eCQM data use for quality improvement.
Session 2 – Moving from Retrospective to Concurrent eCQM Review to Streamline eCQM Accuracy Activities and Improve Results
During the September 12 session (1pm - 2pm Central Time), two 2019 Expert Contributors will share their eCQM solutions and tips/recommendations that can be used by other organizations in their own eCQM efforts:
- Staff from John Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) will present information about their eCQM activities: Update on the Johns Hopkins Health System’s eCQM Journey
- Staff from HCA Terre Haute Regional Hospital (Terre Haute, IN) will share their experiences and lessons learned: Concurrent and Retrospective Review of VTE Prophylaxis Initiatives
1. Verbalize critical eCQM data collection and submission practices.
2. Make key process or documentation changes related to eCQM submissions.
3. Explain eCQM challenges presented and potential strategies to overcome them.
If your organization or colleagues use a meeting room and single conference line for this session, please read below about CE requirements. To claim continuing education credits, participants must register individually.
This webinar is approved for 1.0 Continuing Education Credit from: ACCME, ANCC, ACHE, California Board of Registered Nursing, and IACET. CE/CME/CEU Credits available for live audio only; credits not offered for webinar replays. To claim credit, you must have:
1) Individually registered for the webinar.
2) Listened to the live webinar in its entirety. Only those listening live during the session will be eligible to receive credit.
3) Completed a post-program evaluation/attestation. The program evaluation/attestation link will be sent to your registered email after the webinar.
For those that meet the eligibility criteria for CEs, printable certificates will be sent via email 2 weeks after the session; all participant CE certificates will be sent at the same time.
For more information on The Joint Commission’s continuing education policies, visit this link.
A webinar recording and slides will be posted on the eCQM Proven Practices Webinar Series landing page within 2-3 weeks after each session.
Register here. The same link is used to register, join the live session, and, when available, access the recording. After you register, you are taken to the event landing page. You will see a prompt that denotes the session has not yet started. This indicates your registration is complete. Return at the scheduled date and time to this site using the same link to join.