Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS155v4|
Percentage of patients 3-17 years of age who had an outpatient visit with a Primary Care Physician (PCP) or Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN) and who had evidence of the following during the measurement period. Three rates are reported.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Patients 3-17 years of age with at least one outpatient visit with a primary care physician (PCP) or an obstetrician/gynecologist (OB/GYN) during the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Patients who have a diagnosis of pregnancy during the measurement period
Numerator 1: Patients who had a height, weight and body mass index (BMI) percentile recorded during the measurement period
Numerator 2: Patients who had counseling for nutrition during a visit that occurs during the measurement period
Numerator 3: Patients who had counseling for physical activity during a visit that occurs during the measurement period
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|National Quality Strategy Domain:||Community, Population and Public Health|
|Next Version:||Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children and Adolescents|
|Previous Version:||Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children and Adolescents|
Higher score indicates better quality
The visit must be performed by a PCP or OB/GYN.
Because BMI norms for youth vary with age and sex, this measure evaluates whether BMI percentile is assessed rather than an absolute BMI value.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- eMeasure version number incremented from 4.0.000 to 4.1.000.
- Added 'during Measurement Period' for each AND statement to clarify the logic in the left-hand side or right-hand side of a timing clause.
- Changed data type of 'result' or 'finding' to 'performed'.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Introduced variable $OutpatientVisits to allow re-use of logical expressions and reduce redundancy/complexity.
- Removed extraneous AND from Numerator.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator to provide a mechanism for specifying that qualifying event(s) must be a member of at least one of the data elements being unioned (if appropriate for measure intent).
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- The top level logical operator for the Numerator Exclusions, Denominator Exclusions, Denominator Exceptions, and Measure Population Exclusions defaults to 'OR'.
- Value set Counseling for Nutrition (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.195.12.1003): Deleted 1 SNOMED Code (183101003).
- Value set Counseling for Physical Activity (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.118.12.1035): Deleted 3 SNOMED codes (183073003, 429778002, 439140001).
- Value set Weight (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.121.12.1015): Added 1 LOINC code (8349-3).
- This measure contains multiple Population Criteria sections. The earlier version of this measure contained mismatches between the applicable Population Criteria human readable narrative sections and their associated computer-readable sections in the XML file. This issue has been corrected.