Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS127v4|
Percentage of patients 65 years of age and older who have ever received a pneumococcal vaccine.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Patients 65 years of age and older with a visit during the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Patients who have ever received a pneumococcal vaccination
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|National Quality Strategy Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Pneumococcal Vaccination Status for Older Adults|
|Previous Version:||Pneumonia Vaccination Status for Older Adults|
Higher score indicates better quality
It is recommended that patients 65 years of age or older receive one pneumococcal vaccination in their lifetime.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator.
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Replaced 'starts before or during (SBOD)' with 'starts before end of (SBE)'.
- Value set Pneumococcal Vaccine (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.110.12.1027): Added 1 CVX code (133).