Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS148v4|
Percentage of patients 5-17 years of age with diabetes with an HbA1c test during the measurement period
|Initial Patient Population:||
Patients 5 to 17 years of age with a diagnosis of diabetes and a face-to-face visit between the physician and the patient that predates the most recent visit by at least 12 months
Equals Initial Population
Patients with documentation of date and result for a HbA1c test during the measurement period
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Hemoglobin A1c Test for Pediatric Patients|
|Previous Version:||Hemoglobin A1c Test for Pediatric Patients|
Higher scores indicate better quality
Only patients with a diagnosis of Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes should be included in the denominator of this measure; patients with a diagnosis of secondary diabetes due to another condition should not be included.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Changed data type of 'result' or 'finding' to 'performed'.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Introduced variable $DiabetesVisit to allow re-use of logical expressions and reduce redundancy/complexity.
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Value set Diabetes (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.103.12.1001): Added 54 ICD10CM codes.