Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS163v4|
Percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes whose LDL-C was adequately controlled (<100 mg/dL) during the measurement period.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes with a visit during the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Patients whose most recent LDL-C level performed during the measurement period is <100 mg/dL
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Diabetes: Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL-C) Control (< 100 mg/dL)|
|Previous Version:||Diabetes: Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) Management|
Higher score indicates better quality
The patient is not numerator compliant if the result for the most recent LDL-C test during the measurement period is >= 100 mg/dL, or is missing, or if an LDL-C test was not performed during the measurement period.
Only patients with a diagnosis of Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes should be included in the denominator of this measure; patients with a diagnosis of secondary diabetes due to another condition should not be included.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Copyright updated.
- NQF Number and Endorsed By fields updated to reflect measures no longer endorsed by NQF.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator.
- Changed data type of 'result' or 'finding' to 'performed'.
- Introduced function 'satisfies all' to specify that qualifying events must meet all conditions from a set of conditions or 'satisfies any' to specify that qualifying events must meet at least one condition from a set of conditions to streamline expression logic.
- Value set Diabetes (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.103.12.1001): Added 54 ICD10CM codes.
- Replaced value set LDL-C Laboratory Test (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.526.3.1248) with the value set LDL-c (OID 2.16.840.1.1138126.96.36.199.7.1.215) to harmonize the LDL-C value sets across measures.