Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS149v4|
Percentage of patients, regardless of age, with a diagnosis of dementia for whom an assessment of cognition is performed and the results reviewed at least once within a 12 month period
|Initial Patient Population:||
All patients, regardless of age, with a diagnosis of dementia
Equals Initial Population
Patients for whom an assessment of cognition is performed and the results reviewed at least once within a 12 month period
|Measure Steward:||American Medical Association-convened Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement(R) (AMA-PCPI)|
|Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Dementia: Cognitive Assessment|
|Previous Version:||Dementia: Cognitive Assessment|
Higher score indicates better quality
Use of a standardized tool or instrument to assess cognition other than those listed will meet numerator performance. Standardized tools can be mapped to the concept Intervention, Performed: Cognitive Assessment included in the numerator logic below.
The requirement of Count >=2 of Encounter, Performed is to establish that the eligible professional has an existing relationship with the patient.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Introduced occurrencing on variables to enforce that the same instance of a clinical event is used throughout the measure when the logic within the variable does not limit the event to a single instance, e.g., FIRST or MOST RECENT.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Introduced variable $DEMEncounters149 to allow re-use of logical expressions and reduce redundancy/complexity.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator to provide a mechanism for specifying that qualifying event(s) must be a member of at least one of the data elements being unioned (if appropriate for measure intent).
- Replaced 'starts before or during' (SBOD) with 'starts before end of' (SBE).
- The top level logical operator for the Numerator Exclusions, Denominator Exclusions, Denominator Exceptions, and Measure Population Exclusions defaults to 'OR'.
- Value set Patient Reason (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.526.3.1008): Deleted 1 SNOMED code (30164005).