Last updated: March 22, 2017
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS153v4|
Percentage of women 16-24 years of age who were identified as sexually active and who had at least one test for chlamydia during the measurement period.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Women 16 to 24 years of age who are sexually active and who had a visit in the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Women who received a pregnancy test solely as a safety precaution before ordering an x-ray or specified medications
Women with at least one chlamydia test during the measurement period
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|Next Version:||Chlamydia Screening for Women|
|Previous Version:||Chlamydia Screening for Women|
Higher score indicates better quality
Codes to identify sexually active women include codes for: pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, contraceptives or contraceptive devices, and infertility treatments.
The denominator exclusion does not apply to patients who qualify for the initial population (IP) based on services other than the pregnancy test alone. For example, a patient who has both a pregnancy test and a chlamydia diagnosis, either of which would qualify them for the IP, would not be eligible for this denominator exclusion.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Changed data type of 'result' or 'finding' to 'performed'.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator.
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- The top level logical operator for the Numerator Exclusions, Denominator Exclusions, Denominator Exceptions, and Measure Population Exclusions defaults to 'OR'.
- Value set Complications of Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Puerperium (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.111.12.1012): Deleted 15 SNOMED codes.
- Value set Contraceptive Medications (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.196.12.1080): Deleted 2 RXNORM code (351147, 750253).
- Value set HIV (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.120.12.1003): Added 2 SNOMED codes (405631006, 91948008).
- Value set Inflammatory Diseases of Female Reproductive Organs (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.112.12.1004): Deleted 3 SNOMED codes (198154001, 266582001, 370497009).
- Value set Syphilis (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.112.12.1002): Deleted 3 SNOMED codes (266131008, 66083000, 83492008).