Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS125v4|
Percentage of women 40-69 years of age who had a mammogram to screen for breast cancer.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Women 41-69 years of age with a visit during the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Women who had a bilateral mastectomy or for whom there is evidence of two unilateral mastectomies
Women with one or more mammograms during the measurement period or the year prior to the measurement period
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|National Quality Strategy Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Breast Cancer Screening|
|Previous Version:||Breast Cancer Screening|
Higher score equals better quality.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Changed data type of 'result' or 'finding' to 'performed'.
- Modified 'Diagnostic Study, Performed: Mammogram (result)' <=12 month(s) ends before end of Measurement Period' in numerator logic. Changed logic to read '< 24 months ends before end of Measurement Period' to properly capture all days within the measurement period and the year before the measurement period. Change based on standard duration calculation.
- Removed result attribute from the mammogram data element.
- Replaced 'ends before or during' (EBOD) with 'ends before end of' (EBE). As necessary, edited the associated number of (days, months, years) to maintain the same time period to accommodate the new timing operator.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator.
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- The top level logical operator for the Numerator Exclusions, Denominator Exclusions, Denominator Exceptions, and Measure Population Exclusions defaults to 'OR'.