Now available: Updated 2017 CMS QRDA Category I Pre-Submission Validation API (PSVA) Tool
The Pre-Submission Validation API (PSVA) tool assists hospitals and their vendors to identify and correct errors within their Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Category I files prior to data submission to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) data receiving system. Updates to the Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) 2017 CMS QRDA-I schematron for PSVA are now available. This version contains updated QRDA standards for CY 2017 reporting.
- The PSVA Tool will require users to download a new version of PSVA (Note: Users will need to sign in to the Secure File Transfer (SFT) within the QualityNet Secure Portal to acquire the new version of PSVA). When users open PSVA, the application will run a check against the schematron that is stored on the server. PSVA will identify that a new schematron is available and will prompt users to download the new schematron to their workstation.
NOTE: The Hospital eCQM Receiving System is expected to be available with full functionality toward the end of April 2017. Full functionality is defined as:
- A system with the ability to receive test and production files; and
- A system able to perform complete file validation and measure calculation.
Formal communication will be distributed to hospitals and their vendors when the Hospital eCQM Receiving System is available.
Additional education and training materials regarding system updates and changes in file constraints will be provided in the coming months. Please visit the Quality Reporting Center website (http://www.qualityreportingcenter.com/inpatient/iqr/) and the QualityNet website (https://www.qualitynet.org/dcs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=QnetPublic%2FPage%2FQnetTier2&cid=1228773849716) for upcoming events.
- QualityNet eCQM Pages
- 2017 eCQM Specifications
- 2017 CMS QRDA Implementation Guide for Hospital Quality Reporting
- 2017 CMS QRDA I Schematrons and Sample Files for Hospital Quality Reporting
- HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) R2 Implementation Guide: QRDA I, Release 1, Standard for Trial Use (STU) Release 3.1 – US Realm (April 2016)
For questions concerning the QualityNet Secure Portal, Pre-Submission Validation Application (PSVA), and file error messages, please open a ticket with the QualityNet Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding eCQM measure specifications, value sets, and appropriateness of mapping, please submit questions to the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) CQM Issue Tracker at https://oncprojectracking.healthit.gov/support/projects/CQM/summary
For questions on the EHR Incentive Program, please contact the EHR Information Center (EHRIC) at (888) 734-6433.
For questions regarding the Hospital IQR Program, please contact the Hospital Inpatient Value, Incentives, and Quality Reporting Outreach and Education Support Team at https://cms-ip.custhelp.com or (844) 472-4477.