The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology Certification Program announces CypressTM v5.0 with the fully integrated Cypress Validation Utility + Calculation Check (CVU+) is now available to support 2015 Edition Certification for the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology Certification Program for electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs). Cypress v5.0 supports testing the Eligible Hospital/Critical Access Hospital eCQMs and Eligible Professional/Eligible Clinician eCQMs updated for calendar year 2020 reporting. The new v5.0 release and release notes are available on the Cypress website.
Cypress v5.0 Features
- Supports the §170.315(c)(1), §170.315(c)(2), §170.315(c)(3), and §170.315(c)(4) certification criteria.
- Supports validation with Health Level Seven International (HL7) Clinical Document Architecture (CDA®) R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) I, Release 1, Standard for Trial Use (STU) Release 5.1 - US Realm.
- Supports validation with HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: QRDA III, Release 1, STU Release 2.1 - US Realm.
- Supports the eCQMs for eReporting for the 2019 Reporting Period.
- 51 Eligible Professional/Eligible Clinician eCQMs.
- 8 Eligible Hospital/Critical Access Hospital eCQMs.
- Supports eCQM value sets as of 5/10/2019.
Cypress Validation Utility + Calculation Check (CVU+) Features
- Supports validation with the CMS Implementation Guide for QRDA Category I - Implementation Guide for 2020.
- Supports validation with the CMS Implementation Guide for QRDA Category III - Implementation Guide for 2020.
- Supports multi-measure tests, allowing vendors to test eCQM calculations with a single test deck across multiple measures.
- Supports code system preference, allowing vendors to choose preferences for the code systems to be used in test patients.
- Supports developer-generated test patients, allowing vendors to supplement Cypress test patients with their own test patients to increase eCQM logic/code coverage.
- Evaluates the rigor of a set of test patients.
Cypress v4 will remain available for testing eCQMs for calendar year 2019 reporting.