CMS is notifying you about important updates for the upcoming calendar year (CY) 2019 eCQM reporting period for the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) and Promoting Interoperability programs. Please note that the deadline for submitting CY 2019 eCQM data is March 2, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
When can I submit my eCQM measure data for the CY 2019 reporting period?
The Hospital Quality Reporting system will be available to accept test and production eCQM data via the QualityNet Secure Portal beginning the week of September 9, 2019. We will provide another update when the CMS system officially opens for eCQM Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Category I file test and production submissions.
What can I do to prepare for CY 2019 eCQM reporting?
We encourage you to use the resources available on QualityNet to help you prepare for the CY 2019 reporting period:
- The CY 2019 Submission Overview provides a high-level summary of the eCQM submission requirements and available tools for QRDA Category I file validation activities.
- The CY 2019 Test and Production Preparation Checklists outline the detailed steps for submitting your test and production eCQM data using QRDA Category I files to the QualityNet Secure Portal. CMS encourages hospitals and vendors to test early and often to ensure successful reporting by the submission deadline.
NOTE: Test QRDA Category I data submissions are considered practice and do not count towards CMS program credit. Production QRDA Category I data submissions are provided by hospitals, or by health IT vendors on the hospital’s behalf, and are the final data submissions intended to fulfill the eCQM reporting requirements for the Hospital IQR and Promoting Interoperability Programs.
When will the updated Pre-Submission Validation Application (PSVA) Tool be available?
The PSVA Tool updated with the CY 2019 Schematron is estimated to be finalized for use beginning late September 2019. CMS will provide another notification to let you know when all updates have been completed. To learn more about the PSVA and how to use it, visit QualityReportingCenter.com and locate materials for the August 8, 2018 webinar, PSVA Overview for eCQM Data Submission in Calendar Year 2018.
Are there any additional changes or new features that I should be aware of?
CMS is implementing updates to QualityNet to improve the experience for our program stakeholders. These new, enhanced features will be integrated over the next several months as part of the Next Generation of Hospital Quality Reporting, and we will periodically notify you of new features as they become available. During the phase-in period of the Next Generation updates, you can still access the QualityNet Secure Portal as you have done in the past by choosing the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting selection from the drop-down menu on the Choose Your QualityNet Destination screen.
Currently, there are three new features for the eCQM user interface available that provide enhanced information related to your previously submitted CY 2018 data:
- Files History. This feature provides near real-time data which allows you to track the status of your QRDA Category I file submissions (processing, completed, deleted, etc.). This screen will ultimately replace the information provided by the EHR Hospital Reporting–Submission Summary Report, which will no longer be available after the end of the CY 2019 eCQM submission period.
- Data Accuracy. This feature will offer enhanced messaging when the system performs QRDA Category I file format validation. This screen will ultimately replace the information provided by the EHR Hospital Reporting–Submission Detail Report, which will no longer be available after the end of the CY 2019 eCQM submission period.
- Measure Outcome. This feature will provide messages filtered by eCQM, submission type, and submission quarter. When the feature is fully implemented, it will also provide performance rates that will allow multiple quarter trending as the data are submitted; this screen will eventually replace the functionality provided by the EHR Hospital Reporting - eCQM Submission and Performance Feedback Report and the eCQM Performance Summary Report, both of which will no longer be available after the end of the CY 2019 eCQM submission period.
You can view your CY 2018 eCQM production data using the new user interface by performing the following steps:
Navigate to the QualityNet website.
Select Log In under the Log in to QualityNet Secure Portal header.
Select HQR Next Generation from the Choose Your QualityNet Destination dashboard.
Enter your QualityNet User ID, Password, and Security Code. Then, select Submit.
Read the Terms and Conditions statement and select I Accept to continue.
Hospitals and vendors, reporting on behalf of one hospital, will be presented with eCQM for selection; vendors and other users who have access and permission to submit on behalf of multiple hospitals must select Facilities List.
Under Facilities List, a new page will open that allows the user to specify a certain facility and view the eCQM data. Search authorized organizations by entering the organization name or ID (such as the CMS Certification Number).
Select the hospital by clicking on the name of the organization.
The page will refresh, and the data will be available to view.