The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released an update to the 2020 CMS Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Category III Implementation Guide (IG) for Eligible Clinicians and Eligible Professionals along with the Schematron and Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC+) Sample File to support Calendar Year (CY) 2020 electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) reporting. The update includes updates to the list of eCQMs finalized by CMS for the CY 2020 Performance Period based on the CY 2020 Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule released on November 15, 2019. It also includes information for Improvement Activity Identifiers, Promoting Interoperability Objectives and Measures, and Promoting Interoperability Attestation Statement Identifiers finalized by CMS for the CY 2020 Performance Period based on the CY 2020 Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule.
The updated 2020 CMS QRDA III IG outlines requirements for eligible clinicians and eligible professionals to report eCQMs, Improvement Activities, and Promoting Interoperability measures for the CY 2020 performance period for these programs:
- Quality Payment Program: MIPS and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
- Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+)
- Medicaid Promoting Interoperability (PI)
Changes to the 2020 CMS QRDA III IG:
- Updates to Table 14: UUID List for MIPS CY 2020 Performance Period eCQM Specifications Eligible Professionals and Eligible Clinicians
- Updates to Table 15: Improvement Activities Identifiers for the MIPS CY 2020 Performance Period.
- Updates to Table 16: 2020 Promoting Interoperability Objectives and Measures Identifiers
- Updates to Table 17: Promoting Interoperability Attestation Statements Identifiers
Changes to the 2020 CMS QRDA III Schematron
- Correction to enforce rules for TIN/NPI when CMS program name code is “CPCPLUS”
Changes to the CPC+ 2020 QRDA III Sample File
- Enhanced to include further guidance using multiple TINs
Additional QRDA-Related Resources:
Additional QRDA-related resources, as well as current and past implementation guides, are found on the Electronic Clinical Quality Improvement (eCQI) Resource Center QRDA page.
For questions related to this guidance, the QRDA IGs, Schematrons, or Sample Files, visit the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) Project Tracking System (Jira) QRDA project.