The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announce the availability of new electronic clinical quality measures (eCQM) educational resources on the eCQI Resource Center, a summary of the eCQM Strategy project, and enhancements to the Measure Collaboration (MC) Workspace.
New eCQM Resources:
New eCQM resources for your use are posted on the eCQM Education page and include:
- eCQM Basics, a one-page introductory document on eCQMs;
- eCQM Communications, a one-page document that lists helpdesks, websites, listservs, and other resources for stakeholders to reference and/or follow for eCQMs related communications; and
- Measure Collaboration Workspace webinar series recordings: Session One: eCQI Resource Center, Hybrid Measure, Measure Collaboration Workspace, and the CMS Measures Inventory Tool; Session Two: eCQM Flows and Clinical Flow Prototype; Session Three: eCQM Data Element Repository
eCQM Strategy Project Outcomes Report:
The eCQM Strategy Project Outcomes Report provides a brief overview of activities to support CMS’s strategic goal of putting people first by improving customer service and the development and reporting of eCQMs used in CMS quality and value-based purchasing programs.
MC Workspace Enhancements:
The MC Workspace brings together a set of interconnected resources, tools, and processes to promote clarity, transparency, and better interaction across stakeholder communities that develop, implement, and report eCQMs. The MC Workspace enhancements include:
- A simplified process for submitting eCQM Concept ideas to CMS for review
- An interactive MC Workspace graphic to easily access the desired module
- Updated eCQM Data Element Repository for the 2021 quality reporting/performance period