The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) announce Cypress v6 with the fully integrated Cypress Validation Utility + Calculation Check (CVU+) is available as of July 24, 2020 to support 2015 Edition Certification for the ONC Certification Program for electronic clinical quality measures (eCQM). Cypress v6 supports testing the Eligible Hospital/Critical Access Hospital eCQMs and Eligible Professional/Eligible Clinician eCQMs updated for calendar year 2021 reporting. The new v6 release and release notes are available on the Cypress website.
Cypress v6 Features
- Supports the 2015 Edition §170.315(c)(1), §170.315(c)(2), §170.315(c)(3), and §170.315(c)(4) certification criteria.
- Supports the 2015 Edition 21st Century Cures update to §170.315(c)(3). Enforces reporting requirements defined by the CMS Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Implementation Guides.
- Supports validation with Health Level Seven International (HL7) Clinical Document Architecture (CDA®) Release 2 Implementation Guide: QRDA I, Release 1, Standard for Trial Use (STU) Release 5.2 - US Realm.
- Supports validation with HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: QRDA III, Release 1, STU Release 2.1 - US Realm.
- Supports the eCQMs for eReporting for the 2021 Reporting Period.
- Supports eCQM value sets as of 5/7/2020.
Cypress Validation Utility + Calculation Check (CVU+) Features
- Supports validation with the CMS Implementation Guide for QRDA Category I - Implementation Guide for 2021.
- Supports validation with the CMS Implementation Guide for QRDA Category III - Implementation Guide for 2021.
- Supports multi-measure tests, allowing vendors to test eCQM calculations with a single test deck across multiple measures.
- Supports code system preference, allowing vendors to choose preferences for the code systems to be used in test patients.
- Supports developer-generated test patients, allowing vendors to supplement Cypress test patients with their own test patients to increase eCQM logic/code coverage.
- Evaluates the rigor of a set of test patients.
Cypress v5 will remain available for testing eCQMs for calendar year 2020 reporting. Cypress v5 supports both 2015 Edition Certification and 2015 Edition 21st Century Cures Update Certification.