Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS126v4|
Percentage of patients 5-64 years of age who were identified as having persistent asthma and were appropriately prescribed medication during the measurement period.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Patients 5-64 years of age with persistent asthma and a visit during the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Patients with emphysema, COPD, cystic fibrosis or acute respiratory failure during or prior to the measurement period
Patients who were dispensed at least one prescription for a preferred therapy during the measurement period
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Use of Appropriate Medications for Asthma|
|Previous Version:||Use of Appropriate Medications for Asthma|
Higher score indicates better quality
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator.
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- The top level logical operator for the Numerator Exclusions, Denominator Exclusions, Denominator Exceptions, and Measure Population Exclusions defaults to 'OR'.
- Value set Emphysema (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.102.12.1004): Added 1 SNOMED code (16838000).
- Value set Persistent Asthma (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.102.12.1023): Added 2 SNOMED codes (427354000, 901000119100).
- Value set Preferred Asthma Therapy (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.196.12.1212): Deleted 31 RXNORM codes to remove nasal inhaler and injection codes; added 18 RXNORM codes.