Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS139v4|
Percentage of patients 65 years of age and older who were screened for future fall risk during the measurement period.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Patients aged 65 years and older with a visit during the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Patients who were screened for future fall risk at least once within the measurement period
Documentation of medical reason(s) for not screening for fall risk (eg, patient is not ambulatory)
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|Next Version:||Falls: Screening for Future Fall Risk|
|Previous Version:||Falls: Screening for Future Fall Risk|
A higher score indicates better quality.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Added audiology codes to the initial population to allow more providers to report the measure.
- Added ophthalmology codes to the initial population to allow more providers to report the measure.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator to provide a mechanism for specifying that qualifying event(s) must be a member of at least one of the data elements being unioned (if appropriate for measure intent).
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Value set Audiology Visit (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.101.12.1066): Created new value set with 4 CPT codes (92540, 92541, 92542, 92548).
- Value set Falls Screening (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.118.12.1028): Added 1 LOINC code (52552-7).
- Value set Ophthalmological Services (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.526.3.1285): Created new value set with 4 CPT codes (92002, 92004, 92012, 92014).
- Value set Patient not ambulatory (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.118.12.1009): Added 1 SNOMED code (160684002).