Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS134v4|
The percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had a nephropathy screening test or evidence of nephropathy during the measurement period.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes with a visit during the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Patients with a screening for nephropathy or evidence of nephropathy during the measurement period
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Diabetes: Medical Attention for Nephropathy|
|Previous Version:||Diabetes: Urine Protein Screening|
Higher score indicates better quality
Only patients with a diagnosis of Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes should be included in the denominator of this measure; patients with a diagnosis of secondary diabetes due to another condition should not be included.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Changed data type of 'result' or 'finding' to 'performed'.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator.
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Removed the requirement to have a positive finding associated with a urine protein test and changed the name of the value set to more accurately reflect the tests included. Value set now called 'Urine Protein Tests' grouping (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.109.12.1024).
- Value set Diabetes (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.103.12.1001): Added 54 ICD10CM codes.
- Value set Glomerulonephritis and Nephrotic Syndrome (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.109.12.1018): Deleted 4 SNOMED codes (28918009, 43738009, 58276006, 8964003).
- Value set Other Services Related to Dialysis (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.109.12.1015): Added 2 SNOMED Codes (251000124108, 311000124103).
- Value set Urine Protein Tests (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.109.12.1024): Created to replace OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.109.12.1019 and OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.109.12.1005.