Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS123v4|
Percentage of patients aged 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had a foot exam during the measurement period.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes with a visit during the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Patients who have had either a bilateral amputation above or below the knee, or both a left and right amputation above or below the knee before or during the measurement period
Patients who received visual, pulse and sensory foot examinations during the measurement period
|Measure Steward:||National Committee for Quality Assurance|
|Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Diabetes: Foot Exam|
|Previous Version:||Diabetes: Foot Exam|
Higher score indicates better quality
Only patients with a diagnosis of Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes should be included in the denominator of this measure; patients with a diagnosis of secondary diabetes due to another condition should not be included.
- Copyright updated.
- Denominator Exclusions updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Added an exclusion for patients with bilateral knee or higher amputations.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic 'AND/AND NOT' or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Removed extraneous AND from Numerator.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator.
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Value set Bilateral Amputation of Leg Below or Above Knee (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.113.12.1056): Added value set to the measure.
- Value set Diabetes (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.103.12.1001): Added 54 ICD10CM codes.
- Value set Left (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.113.12.1036): Added value set to the measure.
- Value set Left Unilateral Amputation of Leg Below or Above Knee (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.113.12.1058): Added value set to the measure.
- Value set Right (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.113.12.1035): Added value setto the measure.
- Value set Right Unilateral Amputation of Leg Below or Above Knee (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.113.12.1057): Added value set to the measure.
- Value set Unilateral Amputation of Leg Below or Above Knee (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.464.1003.113.12.1059): Added value set to the measure.