Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS159v4|
Adult patients age 18 and older with major depression or dysthymia and an initial PHQ-9 score > 9 who demonstrate remission at twelve months defined as PHQ-9 score less than 5. This measure applies to both patients with newly diagnosed and existing depression whose current PHQ-9 score indicates a need for treatment
|Initial Patient Population:||
Adults age 18 and older with a diagnosis of major depression or dysthymia and an initial PHQ-9 score greater than nine during an outpatient encounter.
Equals the Initial Patient Population
Adults who achieved remission at twelve months as demonstrated by a twelve month (+/- 30 days) PHQ-9 score of less than five.
|Measure Steward:||MN Community Measurement|
|Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Depression Remission at Twelve Months|
|Previous Version:||Depression Remission at Twelve Months|
Higher score indicates better quality
- Copyright updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Patients who received palliative care services have been added to the Denominator Exclusions.
- Reference updated.
- Introduced function 'satisfies all' to specify that qualifying events must meet all conditions from a set of conditions or 'satisfies any' to specify that qualifying events must meet at least one condition from a set of conditions to streamline expression logic.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Introduced variables $DepressionIndex, $DepressionF2FSnomed, $DepressionEncounterBH and $DepressionEncounter to enforce that the same instance of a clinical event is used throughout the measure when the logic within the variable does not limit the event to a single instance, e.g., FIRST or MOST RECENT.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator to provide a mechanism for specifying that qualifying event(s) must be a member of at least one of the data elements being unioned (if appropriate for measure intent).
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Replaced 'starts before or during' (SBOD) with 'starts before end of' (SBE).
- The new QDM element 'Patient Characteristic Expired' represents SNOMED code 419099009 (Dead). It replaces the previously used QDM 'Patient Characteristic Expired: Deceased' using 'Deceased Grouping Value Set (2.16.840.1.1138220.127.116.11.101.11.721)'.
- The top level logical operator for the Numerator Exclusions, Denominator Exclusions, Denominator Exceptions, and Measure Population Exclusions defaults to 'OR'.
- Value set Major Depression Including Remission (OID 2.16.840.113818.104.22.168.101.3.2444): Added 2 ICD9CM codes (298.0, 311).