Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS145v4|
Percentage of patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of coronary artery disease seen within a 12 month period who also have a prior MI or a current or prior LVEF <40% who were prescribed beta-blocker therapy
|Initial Patient Population:||
All patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of coronary artery disease seen within a 12 month period
Equals Initial Population who also have prior (within the past 3 years) MI or a current or prior LVEF <40%
Patients who were prescribed beta-blocker therapy
|Measure Steward:||American Medical Association-convened Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement(R) (AMA-PCPI)|
|Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Coronary Artery Disease (CAD): Beta-Blocker Therapy-Prior Myocardial Infarction (MI) or Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVEF <40%)|
|Previous Version:||Coronary Artery Disease (CAD): Beta-Blocker Therapy—Prior Myocardial Infarction (MI) or Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVEF <40%)|
Higher score indicates better quality
- For patients with prior MI, beta-blocker therapy includes any agent within the beta-blocker drug class. As of 2014, no recommendations or evidence are cited in current stable ischemic heart disease guidelines for preferential use of specific agents
- For patients with prior LVEF <40%, beta-blocker therapy includes the following: bisoprolol, carvedilol, or sustained release metoprolol succinate
The requirement of Count >=2 of Encounter, Performed is to establish that the eligible professional has an existing relationship with the patient.
- Clinical Recommendation Statement updated.
- Copyright updated.
- Definition updated.
- Denominator statement updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Guidance updated.
- Rate Aggregation updated.
- Reference updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented from 4.0.000 to 4.1.000.
- Changed data type of 'result' or 'finding' to 'performed'
- Introduced occurrencing on variables to enforce that the same instance of a clinical event is used throughout the measure when the logic within the variable does not limit the event to a single instance, e.g., FIRST or MOST RECENT.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Introduced variable $CADEncounters145 to allow re-use of logical expressions and reduce redundancy/complexity.
- Logic for Population Criteria 2, Denominator updated to reflect the clinical recommendation statement revision.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator to provide a mechanism for specifying that qualifying event(s) must be a member of at least one of the data elements being unioned (if appropriate for measure intent).
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Replaced 'starts before or during' (SBOD) with 'starts before end of' (SBE).
- The top level logical operator for the Numerator Exclusions, Denominator Exclusions, Denominator Exceptions, and Measure Population Exclusions defaults to 'OR'.
- Value set Patient Reason (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.526.3.1008): Deleted 1 SNOMED code (30164005).
- This measure contains multiple Population Criteria sections. The earlier version of this measure contained mismatches between the applicable Population Criteria human readable narrative sections and their associated computer-readable sections in the XML file. This issue has been corrected.