Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS50v4|
Percentage of patients with referrals, regardless of age, for which the referring provider receives a report from the provider to whom the patient was referred.
|Initial Patient Population:||
Number of patients, regardless of age, who were referred by one provider to another provider, and who had a visit during the measurement period.
Equals Initial Population
Number of patients with a referral, for which the referring provider received a report from the provider to whom the patient was referred.
|Measure Steward:||Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services|
|Domain:||Communication and Care Coordination|
|Next Version:||Closing the Referral Loop: Receipt of Specialist Report|
|Previous Version:||Closing the Referral Loop: Receipt of Specialist Report|
A higher score indicates better quality
The provider to whom the patient was referred should be the same provider that sends the report.
If there are multiple referrals for a patient during the measurement period, use the first referral.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator to provide a mechanism for specifying that qualifying event(s) must be a member of at least one of the data elements being unioned (if appropriate for measure intent).
- Introduced function 'satisfies all' to specify that qualifying events must meet all conditions from a set of conditions or 'satisfies any' to specify that qualifying events must meet at least one condition from a set of conditions to streamline expression logic.
- Occurrence A of Intervention, Performed: Referral' ends before start of ('Occurrence A of Communication: From Provider to Provider: Consultant Report' during 'Measurement Period') has been replaced with: 'Occurrence A of Communication: From Provider to Provider: Consultant Report' fulfills 'Occurrence A of Intervention, Performed: Referral' during 'Measurement Period' to better meet measure intent.
- The FULFILLS general operator is used to show that one data element fulfills the other, streamlining the language of the numerator expression.
- Added a FIRST operator to the initial population to indicate which referral to use to look for numerator compliance.
- Added ophthalmology codes to the Initial Population to allow more providers to report the measure.
- Value set Ophthalmological Services (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.526.3.1285): Added value set to measure.