Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS177v4|
Percentage of patient visits for those patients aged 6 through 17 years with a
diagnosis of major depressive disorder with an assessment for suicide risk
|Initial Patient Population:||
All patient visits for those patients aged 6 through 17 years with a diagnosis of major depressive disorder
Equals Initial Population
Patient visits with an assessment for suicide risk
|Measure Steward:||American Medical Association-convened Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement(R) (AMA-PCPI)|
|Next Version:||Child and Adolescent Major Depressive Disorder (MDD): Suicide Risk Assessment|
|Previous Version:||Child and Adolescent Major Depressive Disorder (MDD): Suicide Risk Assessment|
Higher score indicates better quality
A suicide risk assessment should be performed at every visit for major depressive disorder during the measurement period.
This measure is an episode-of-care measure; the level of analysis for this measure is every visit for major depressive disorder during the measurement period. For example, at every visit for MDD, the patient should have a suicide risk assessment.
Use of a standardized tool or instrument to assess suicide risk will meet numerator performance. Standardized tools can be mapped to the concept Intervention, Performed: Suicide Risk Assessment included in the numerator logic below.
- Added Item Count field. The Item Count identifies the unit of measure for the eCQM. For this episode-of-care measure, the unit of measure is each visit or encounter.
- Copyright updated.
- Definition updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Guidance updated.
- Reference updated.
- Introduced the new timing operator 'overlaps' to replace two lines of logic (AND/AND NOT) or to enforce when an event or set of events occur to meet the measure intent.
- Introduced variable $MDDEncounters177 to allow re-use of logical expressions and reduce redundancy/complexity.
- Removed 'Count >= 2' requirement from Initial Population based on clinical input.
- Removed data element Patient Provider Interaction from measure.
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator to provide a mechanism for specifying that qualifying event(s) must be a member of at least one of the data elements being unioned (if appropriate for measure intent).
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Value set Patient Provider Interaction (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.526.3.1012): Removed value set from this measure.