Last updated: May 17, 2016
|CMS Measure ID:||CMS100v4|
Acute myocardial infarction (AMI) patients who are prescribed aspirin at hospital discharge
|Initial Patient Population:||
Patients age 18 and older at the time of hospital admission with a principal diagnosis of Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) and a length of stay less than or equal to 120 days, during the measurement period.
Equals Initial Population
Acute Myocardial Infarction patients prescribed aspirin at hospital discharge.
Patients with a documented reason for not prescribing aspirin at discharge. This includes patients with an aspirin allergy; discharged on warfarin or other specific anticoagulant medications; the administration of aspirin medications are on HOLD; or a medical or patient reason for not prescribing aspirin.
|Measure Steward:||Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services|
|Domain:||Effective Clinical Care|
|Next Version:||Aspirin Prescribed at Discharge|
|Previous Version:||Aspirin Prescribed at Discharge|
Improvement noted as an increase in rate
Exclusion element guidance:
Medical or patient reasons for not performing a test or giving a medication are categories for valid medical or patient reasons that are not specifically listed in the exclusion section of the measure. Each is expected to be captured and made available for measurement or clinical decision support within the EHR workflow but the exact method or location of capture is a local or vendor decision.
- Copyright updated.
- Disclaimer updated.
- eMeasure version number incremented.
- Initial Population, Denominator, Denominator Exclusions, and Denominator Exceptions updated in the header to be consistent across hospital measures and align with logic.
- Updated Guidance in the header to align with the measure logic.
- Added a timing constraint to 'Encounter, Performed: Emergency Department Visit' and removed Occurrencing to constrain the time as intended.
- Added logic to include a diagnosis of active AMI that starts during the ED visit to capture the start of the diagnosis.
- Changed timing for Medication allergy and Medication order not done: Medical Reason and Patient Refusal to align with measure intent. Removed Occurrencing when denoting a specific event was not necessary.
- Introduced function 'satisfies all' to specify that qualifying events must meet all conditions from a set of conditions and/or 'satisfies any' to specify that qualifying events must meet at least one condition from a set of conditions to streamline expression logic.
- Introduced occurrencing on variables to enforce that the same instance of a clinical event is used throughout the measure when the logic within the variable does not limit the event to a single instance, e.g., FIRST or MOST RECENT.
- Introduced the 'Intersection of' operator to specify the selection of the data sets common to all individual statements underneath the 'Intersection of'.
- Introduced variables $EncounterInpatient and $InterventionComfortMeasures to allow re-use of logical expressions and reduce redundancy/complexity.
- Removed 'Clinical Trial Participant' logic due to the inability to capture clinical trials that are specific to the measure.
- Replaced 'ends before start' with 'ends before or concurrent with start of' to ensure inclusion of cases in which the ED discharge and inpatient admission occur in the same minute (when appropriate for measure intent).
- Replaced 'ORs' with 'Union of' operator to provide a mechanism for specifying that qualifying event(s) must be a member of at least one of the data elements being unioned (if appropriate for measure intent).
- Replaced 'Patient Characteristic Birthdate' with 'Age at' operator.
- Replaced 'starts before or during' (SBOD) with 'starts before end of' (SBE).
- The top level logical operator for the Numerator Exclusions, Denominator Exclusions, Denominator Exceptions, and Measure Population Exclusions defaults to 'OR'.
- Value set Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.666.5.3011): Added 29 SNOMED codes. Updated name from Hospital Measures - AMI to Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI).
- Value set Aspirin (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.666.5.626): Deleted 22 RXNORM codes and updated value set name from Hospital Measures-Aspirin to Aspirin.
- Value set Aspirin Allergen (OID 2.16.840.1.1138220.127.116.11.7.1.139): Deleted 36 RXNORM codes and added 13 RXNORM codes.
- Value set Clinical Trial Participant (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.526.2.643): Removed value set from this measure.
- Value set Discharge to Acute Care Facility (OID 2.16.840.1.113818.104.22.168.7.1.87): Deleted 1 SNOMED code (306699001) and added 2 SNOMED codes (306703003, 434781000124105). Updated value set name from Discharge to Another Hospital to Discharge to Acute Care Facility.
- Value set Medication Hold (OID 2.16.840.1.113883.3.666.5.1145): Updated value set name from Hospital Measures - Hold to Medication Hold.