CMS Notification to Hospitals, CAHs, and Vendors – Temporary Unavailability of Queued Submission Detail Reports and eCQM Submission and Performance Reports for Hospitals and CAHs Who have Successfully Met eCQM Requirements
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has taken additional actions to help alleviate the situation of very slow processing times for Electronic Health Record (EHR) Hospital Reports related to electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) due to a large backlog of reports in the QualityNet Secure Portal production system (sometimes referred to as ‘long running’ reports). The primary focus is to provide reports in a timely manner for hospitals that have not yet achieved successful submission status for calendar year (CY) 2016 eCQM reporting to the Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) and the Medicare EHR Incentive Programs.
Effective March 9, 2017, CMS has taken two additional remedial actions:
First, the report requests in queue for hospitals that have achieved successful reporting status will be removed for the Submission Detail Report (R529) and the eCQM Submission & Performance Report (R546). The report requests for hospitals that have not yet achieved successful submission status will be retained in the queue for processing.
We are also asking that anyone who has generated the Submission Status Report (R530) and has confirmation of successful submission status to refrain from generating the previously mentioned reports. This will allow hospitals and their vendors who continue to troubleshoot their QRDA files to have more timely access to obtain their reports through the March 13, 2017 deadline.
These actions are taken in addition to the temporary removal of access to the eCQM Submission Summary (R528) and eCQM Performance Summary (R547) Reports. CMS anticipates allowing full access to all of these reports soon after the close of the eCQM submission period on March 13, 2017, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
NOTE: The Known Issues document is available on the QualityNet.org website and will be updated to reflect the status of the aforementioned reports.
- Hospitals, critical access hospitals (CAHs), and their vendors should use the eCQM Submission Status Report (R530) to confirm program status for eCQM submissions. The report should indicate ‘Y’ for the “Successful MU Submission” field and the “Successful IQR-EHR Submission” field to signal successful electronic reporting. Remember, this is a snapshot in time; if the reporting changes in any way, re-generate the report to obtain the most current status.
- Hospitals, CAHs, and their vendors who continue to troubleshoot their QRDA files should use the Submission Detail Report (R529), and run the report for specific batches and ‘failed’ file status to resolve QRDA Category I file rejection errors.
- For questions concerning the QualityNet Secure Portal, Pre-Submission Validation Application (PSVA), or file error messages, please open a ticket with the QualityNet Help Desk at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding eCQM measure specifications, value sets, and appropriateness of mapping, please submit questions to the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) CQM Issue Tracker at https://oncprojectracking.healthit.gov/support/projects/CQM/summary.
- For questions on the EHR Incentive Program, please contact the EHR Information Center (EHRIC) at (888) 734-6433.
For further assistance regarding the information contained in this message, please contact the Hospital Inpatient Value, Incentives, and Quality Reporting (VIQR) Outreach and Education Support Team at https://cms-ip.custhelp.com or (844) 472-4477, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET.