Developers Integration Lab (DIL)
The AEGIS Developers Integration Lab (DIL) is an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Testing as a Service (TaaS) Open Access Solution for health information exchange gateway, interoperability, and compatibility testing. The DIL provides an easy-to-use system for performing conformance and interoperability tests against published specifications, standards, and profiles, including templates and implementation guides.
- The DIL allows for automated, internet-based interoperability testing against the HL7, IHE, and NwHIN specifications, compliant gateway implementations, and other gateway implementations as well.
- The DIL tests interoperability with other gateway implementations, hosting multiple gateway implementations for a user to send test messages using multiple testing scenarios.
- DIL users have access to detailed test results as well as the messages evaluated as part of the test.
The DIL provides an easy-to-use system, available 24/7, for candidates to perform both conformance and interoperability tests against multiple Gateways. The beauty of the DIL is that its architecture allows for gateway-to-gateway communication. Our two main Reference Implementations are CONNECT 2.4.8 and CONNECT 3.x. The DIL supports participants' use of any gateway, e.g., CONNECT 3.2, CONNECT 4.x or a custom gateway.
Benefits of the DIL
- Supports NwHIN 2010 and 2011 specifications
- Self-service (24/7) testing capabilities
- Hosts multiple vendor products/reference implementations to measure interoperability
- Engineered to easily integrate evolving Health IT standards and policies
- Scalable environment for exercising Health IT standards and policies
- Support for SDO standards
- HL7, eHeX, IHE HPD+, DIRECT and C32 (Bridge C32), CCDA
Benefits to Partners/Clients
- Enables Continuous Interoperability
- Captures user experiences and technical challenges
- Documents and audits the work flow lifecycle of testing
- Provides on-going virtual Connectathon
- Supports re-use of testing tools/test cases
- Ensures beyond "Happy Path" testing, performs negative testing
- Provides reporting metrics
- Advocates quality-infused development
- Endorses test-driven development for test readiness reviews (TRR)
- Enabling interoperability and meaningful use testing
- Convergence of technologies
- Support rapid integration of standards
- Supports State Health Information Exchange
- Level playing field for small and large technology providers
- Real-time cloud-enabled infrastructure
- Workflow and security integration
- Ensures test-driven development
- Open Source platform
- Automated platform for test case execution